Steps to Avoid Fraudulent or Illegal Business
- Don’t hire entertainment that is not registered with the Secretary of State. View Missouri’s Registered Businesses
- Check with the Better Business Bureau for any unresolved complaints. View Missouri BBB
- Demand to see an in-force certificate of Liability Insurance.
- Meet in person, if possible, to interview anyone you consider hiring.
After the Vows…
Recent studies have found
- 72% 72% of brides say they would have spent more time choosing their reception entertainment.
- 100% Almost 100% say they would have spent more of their budget on the entertainment.
- 78% During wedding planning, Brides say their highest priority is their attire, followed by the reception site and caterer. Reception entertainment is among the least of their priorities. Within one week after the reception, 78% of brides say they would have made the entertainment their highest priority!
- 81% When asked, 81% of guests say the thing they remember most about a wedding is the entertainment.
- 65% 65% of all couples that chose a band to entertain at their wedding, said, if they had it to do over again, they would have chosen a disc jockey.
Wedding statistics published in St. Louis Bride & Groom Magazine in 2003. Sources: Simmons, 2001; USA Today 2002; National Bridal Service, 2001; The Knot, 2002; Brides Magazine, 2001.